This tool is designed to upload data to a specific logbook screen in bulk - this can be a logbook record to a number of employees and/or a number of logbook records to one employee. This tool will not override existing logbook data.
This Bulk Action is only available in the Professional edition and above. To discuss switching this on in your licenses, please contact your administrator via the chat icon, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can upload logbook information to pre-loaded logbook screens, or create your own custom logbook screen. On how to create your own custom logbook, please see the article below:
Please note! A logbook a screen will have to be created before loading any data.
We have provided templates below, this is a zip file containing all data templates for pre-loaded logbooks as well as a template for your custom logbook:
Inputting the data - things to note:
- We advise to test with 1 test employee to ensure you're confident with this feature
- The red/orange columns are mandatory - The blue columns are optional
- Remove any examples from the template
- This should be saved as an .xls file
- Dates should be added in the DD/MM/YYYY format
- The data will load to the record related to the Employee ID - not the name
- If you wish to add additional fields to pre-loaded screens, please add this before the data load.
- Each row creates a new logbook record for that screen - data loads will not replace what is already in an employee record
- Field name columns are case sensitive and have to be entered exactly how they are shown on the logbook.
- If using the Custom Field Template, remove the excess columns that you don't need
1. Complete the data sheet - please take into account all pointers noted above.
2. Once the data sheet has been completed, right click on the Sheet name and rename it to the specific logbook name, and the word 'Data' at the end (No Spaces / Case Sensitive):
3. You can then save this file - please ensure that this is an .xls file, and is named as Logbookname_LogbookData - (Remove All Spaces / Case Sensitive):
4. Go back to your PeopleHR account.
5. Click on the Bulk Actions tab on the left hand menu:
6. Select the 'Logbook Data Upload' option:
From here, you will be presented with the below screen:
7. Use the drop-down box to select which logbook you will be loading data to.
To upload your file, go back into the Bulk Actions area and select 'Browse':
8. Once uploaded, click 'Validate Excel':
This will review your file and provide you with any validation messages, errors etc.
A breakdown of what each validation/error message means can be found within the 'Error Messages & Validations' section at the bottom of this article.
9. If changes need to be made, you can simply edit the file saved to your computer, re-upload and select 'Validate' again.
10. Once you have reviewed the validation messages and made changes if necessary, select 'Upload Data' in the bottom right hand corner:
11. You will be shown a confirmation message:
Please note! We advise to test with 1 test employee first to ensure you're confident with this feature.
Once data has been uploaded we will be unable to override this information in bulk, and therefore will be unable to rectify any errors. Please double check and ensure all information has been added correctly within the data sheet before uploading.
Once you have clicked 'Validate Excel', you'll be presented with each validation that this file will have to pass in order to be uploaded.
If you find a cross next to any point, you will be unable to load this data until making a change. This points are explained below:
- Uploaded File should be in excel format (i.e. case-sensitive .xls extension).
Your file cannot be saved as another file type, only a .xls type will be accepted.
- Uploaded File Name should be in "Screen Name>_LogbookData.xls" format (case-sensitive).
The file must be named as described above. The <Screen Name> is the name of the logbook screen you are updating - case sensitive.
- Uploaded Excel File should have only one worksheet.
Your file cannot have multiple tabs or filters against the data. Even once these have been deleted it will pick up in the background. If this alert does flag up, please copy and paste the data into a blank template.
- Name of single worksheet available in uploaded excel workbook should be "Screen Name>Data".
The name of the open work sheet (bottom of excel page) should be named as the name of the logbook screen, with 'Data' at the end - case sensitive and no space. Example: AppraisalData
- " - " worksheet should have 14 columns
Columns should not be added or deleted.
- All expected columns should be available in "LogbookData" worksheet at required position.
Columns should not be moved or renamed.
- " - " worksheet should contain data in at-least one row.
As well as having to have at least one row, there cannot be any gaps (empty rows) in between rows with data.
- " - " worksheet should not have more than 200 rows.
This tool can load up to 200 logbooks at a time. Any additional logbooks should be actioned in another data load.
Customer Services Team.