This tool is designed to upload data to a specific logbook screen in bulk - this can be a logbook record to a number of employees and/or a number of logbook records to one employee. This tool will not override existing logbook data.
This Bulk Action is only available in the Professional edition and above. To discuss switching this on in your licenses, please contact your administrator via the chat icon, or emailing email@example.com
You can upload logbook information to pre-loaded logbook screens, or create your own custom logbook screen. On how to create your own custom logbook, please see the article below:
Please note! A logbook a screen will have to be created before loading any data.
We have provided templates below, this is a zip file containing all data templates for pre-loaded logbooks as well as a template for your custom logbook:
Inputting the data - things to note:
- We advise to test with 1 test employee to ensure you're confident with this feature
- The red/orange columns are mandatory - The blue columns are optional
- Remove any examples from the template
- This should to be saved as an .xls file
- Dates should be added in the DD/MM/YYYY format
- The data will load to the record related to the Employee ID - not the name
- If you wish to add additional fields to pre-loaded screens, please add this before the data load.
- Each row creates a new logbook record for that screen - data loads will not replace what is already in an employee record
- Field name columns are case sensitive and have to be entered exactly how they are shown on the logbook.
- If using the Custom Field Template, remove the excess columns that you don't need
1. Complete the data sheet - please take into account all pointers noted above.
2. Once the data sheet has been completed, right click on the Sheet name and rename it to the specific logbook name, and the word 'Data' at the end (No Spaces / Case Sensitive):
3. You can then save this file - please ensure that this is an .xls file, and is named as Logbookname_LogbookData - (Remove All Spaces / Case Sensitive):
4. Go back to your PeopleHR account.
5. Click on the Bulk Actions tab on the left hand menu:
6. Select the 'Logbook Data Upload' option:
From here, you will be presented with the below screen:
7. Use the drop-down box to select which logbook you will be loading data to.
To upload your file, go back into the Bulk Actions area and select 'Browse':
8. Once uploaded, click 'Validate Excel':
This will review your file and provide you with any validation messages, errors etc.
Excel - Valid:
The number and list of records that are consolidated and are valid uploads - correct information has been applied.
Excel - Error:
This will show any records that have errors against this upload that will need to be rectified before going forward. For example, any Mandatory information that has been missed.
Excel - Warning:
This will present any warning that you may wish to change before going forward, but are not mandatory. For example, Employee name not matching Employee ID
9. If changes need to be made, you can simply edit the file saved to your computer, re-upload and select 'Validate' again.
10. Once you have reviewed the validation messages and made changes if necessary, select 'Upload Data' in the bottom right hand corner:
11. You will be shown a confirmation message:
Please note! We advise to test with 1 test employee first to ensure you're confident with this feature.
Once data has been uploaded we will be unable to override this information in bulk, and therefore will be unable to rectify any errors. Please double check and ensure all information has been added correctly within the data sheet before uploading.
Customer Services Team.