This article explains how to create a new work pattern, as well as how to assign an employee to an existing work pattern. Scroll down to the relative header to find the instructions you need.
--Create a New Work Pattern--
1. Go in to your 'Settings' and select 'Holidays & Absence' from the left hand side.
2. Click on the dropdown list for 'Default Work Pattern' (weekly) and select 'Add new work pattern'.
You will then be presented with this screen:
3. If you have similar existing work pattern, you can use the 'Work Pattern' drop down to select it - this way you only need to make the necessary changes. If not, you can leave this option and create a brand new pattern.
4. Name your work pattern accordingly.
5. You can then specify how many hours an employee works on that day, and also specify the amount of day that it equates to.
If the employee’s entitlement is measured in hours, it is the ‘Hours’ value on a specific day that will be deducted when booking a holiday on that day. If measured in ‘Days’ this will deduct the day amount.
6. The Start, End and Break fields are not required as they are not linked to another system functionality, however these can be entered for reference purposes.
7. If you have rotating work patterns, you can click on 'Add Week' to add an extra week to the work pattern. If an employee work a week on and a week off, simply leave the second week as blank.
If On A Rotating Work Pattern:
You will be prompted to select the 'Current Week'. This may not necessarily be the week that you are on right now - this is the week in which the effective date lands on.
7. Click 'Save'
--Change an Employee's Work Pattern--
1. Click on the 'Employees' tab
2. Locate and select the employee you wish to change work pattern for.
3. Go into their personal 'Planner' tab
4. On the right-hand side, select the work pattern drop down box, and select the work pattern you wish to change to.
You will then be presented with the new work pattern settings:
5. Effective date - specify the first day the employee begins on this work pattern. If you are setting them up for the first time, this would be their start date.
6. Contracted Hours - this field is pre populated based on what has been added in the work pattern itself. If the contracted hours value is incorrect, this will be down incorrect hours input when first creating the work pattern.
7. Full Time Hours - specify here the weekly hours worked by a full time employee in the same sector. This information is vital to calculate the correct FTE (Full Time Equivalent) for the employee.
8. Full Time Entitlement - how many hours/days holiday does a full time employee receive for a full working holiday year. This information is required to calculate a pro rata entitlement for this employee.
9. Once all of the above information has been added, the 'This Year' and 'Next Year' entitlement box will be populated to show the employee's calculated pro rata entitlement:
If you would like to know how this was calculated, specific to the employee, click on the question mark icon next to the entitlement to be shown:
If you have already discussed a specific entitlement with the employee/manager that is different to the entitlement provided by the system, you can simply overwrite that value within the text box - shown in the quick video below:
To learn more about the system calculating entitlement, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/holiday-entitlements-requests/calculating-holiday-entitlement
For rotating work patterns, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/absence-and-attendance/rotating-work-patterns
Customer Services Team.