As an admin, you have the ability to create different rules for certain individuals, or groups of employees, on who approves their holidays and in which order.
To find this setting, please select:
- 'Settings' tab
- 'Authorisations' tab
You’ll now see several buttons, described below:
In Use - Tick this option to turn on this feature
Check conflicts – Identifies employees with multiple rules assigned (only the most recent rule added will be applied if this is the case)
No rules assigned – Identifies employees with no rules assigned to them
Plus icon - Creating a new rule:
When creating a new rule, you will first have the option to tick 'In Use'. If this is unticked, this function will not be applied.
3. Give the rule a name.
4. You can assign your rules to different groups of employees - depending on the Company, Location, Department, Employment type etc.
5. You can state who can approve the holiday request (such as the manager, additional manager, specific employee etc.). You can then specify how this rule works using the following options:
- Any approver may authorise
- All approvers must authorise
- All approvers must authorise in a specific order
When a request is submitted, an email will be sent to the approver. You can also view and authorise these from the Authorisations tab. For more information, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/setup/setup/authorisations
If a holiday workflow rule has been created for an employee who also has a reroute authorisation set up, the holiday workflow rule will override the reroute. If the holiday workflow rule is then switched off, the reroute will be in use again. For more information of rerouting holiday authorisations, please go to:
Customer Services Team.