To add a new employee to the system, please follow the steps below:
1. Click on the Employees section on the left.
2. Click on the '+' icon in the top left and you can start to enter basic information about the new starter. Only the first name and last name are mandatory at this stage. Note that if self service is activated, when an email address is specified in the new starter wizard, upon completion, the employee will receive the welcome email.
3. Click 'Next' and you can then start adding job specific details such as the job role, salary, location and either add or apply a specific work pattern for this employee. You can add a new work pattern in here too.
You can use the 'Copy Existing Details' option to fill in the details below. Use this if your new starter is in the same team as another employee for example.
We have a handy 'Salary Calculator' button for calculating salaries. This will allow you calculate the employee’s salary entitlement pro rata.
We also have a handy 'Help Me Calculate' button for holidays entitlement. This will allow you calculate the employee’s annual holiday entitlement for this year.
4. Click 'Next', which will bring you to the 'Tasks' section. Here you can apply or generate any specific tasks you wish to use regarding the new starter. We have pre-populated some options but you can simply click on the 'Add New Task' button to generate your own. You can specify who the task will go to (admin, manager, a specific employee in the system, or you can choose to add a name and an email address which will send an email to the specified person providing details of the task set for them).
5. Finally, click 'Next' and this will finalise the new starter wizard and will have added the employee to the system.
• Tip - When adding new employees, think about adding any new starter tasks you may need to be reminded of. E.g. Setup a task to notify the IT manager to generate the new starters company email address. Once these have been added, they will be available to check each time you add a new starter.
The steps below will explain how to navigate an employees record and the key areas within the record.
- You can see in the overview tab the employee length of employment, number of absences and the holiday balance remaining.
- You have a leaver wizard in the top right hand corner. This is the opposite process to adding an employee.
- You can delete this person permanently from the system, for example if you had a new starter who didn’t turn up on their first day.
- You can give them full admin status to access all employees records
- You can also edit their access rights
- Within the employees planner, you can view and add any holidays, other leave, sickness, lateness, public holidays, maternity/ paternity and timesheets/ assignments for this employee.
- If you scroll up, you can see a number of icons relating to this employee such as sickness, holidays, Bradford factor (if alerts are activated you will receive this in your daily admin email when a trigger point is hit) and also a sick days heat map.
- Below we can see and select which public holidays option this particular employee is part of. The default is England & Wales but you can create your own public holidays within Settings. Holiday Settings
- You can change the employees holiday year and select whether their annual leave is measures in days or hours.
- You can change the holiday allowance for this year and for next year, as well as adding any time off in lieu for this employee.
- Select whether the holiday entitlement includes public holidays.
- You can also choose to re-route authorisations to another employee within the system.
- Selecting the 'Use Virtual Clock' option will allow an employee to clock in and clock out when they login in to the system so that you can keep a record of time for this employee.
- Here we can choose a current work pattern for this employee or create a new one.
Tip - We have a video in our support center which shows you how to create a new work pattern.
- To the right we can click on the little clock and see a list of any changes made to this employees work pattern.
- You can also view the current work pattern and also print out detail of absences for this employee, choosing the dates to filter.
- This is where we can view and amend the employee’s details. You can change who the employee reports to and also add an additional reports to if you wish. This will mean that any holiday request will also go to the additional manager as well as the primary manager.
- You can assign a job role and also manage this list to create a specific one if required.
- You can view and add salary information, any deductions or entitlements. If you add a new salary here, all previously added salaries will also be included in a list for future reference.
- In the documents tab, you can view existing documents and also add new documents to the employees record. Click on the '+' icon and then upload a document from your computer. Here you can also choose to allow the employee or their manager access to the document.
- There is also an option to select digital signature, where the employee must digitally sign their name to say they have read and agreed to the document. A weekly email will also be sent out to the employee if they haven’t yet signed the document.
- In the logbook you can add information about the employee to build up a personnel file.
E.g. you can add training to the employee’s logbook to keep a record of any upcoming or completed training. This will link in with the Training section on the left so you can view all training for all employees.
- Another option in here is benefits. This can be used to add a list of benefits the employee has e.g. a laptop.
- You can enter the details about the laptop (serial number, cost, add files etc). You can also select the option for recoverable on termination so that when this person is set as a leaver, you will be prompted that this employee has a laptop and that it must be recovered before they leave the company.
- You can add information about the employment of the employee e.g. add probation details, notice period etc. Notably the right to work and background check options are where you can add any relevant details/ documents which can be linked into your tasks section so that you can be notified a certain amount of days before the expiry date. Please note that only administrators can see this information.
- The contact section allows the employees to update their own details, change of address, bank account etc. Here they can also add emergency contact details for one or more persons.
- Admins can allow managers access to see these details if they wish. The administrator will be notified of any changes made by the employee in this section.
- The skills section links in with the thanks badges and shows the employees skills generated from thanks badges. Thanks badges can be added, seen and commented on by anyone in the company.
- This is where you can see thanks badges given to this employee.
- Performance is where you can view current and previous performance reviews which are logged within the system for this employee. This links in with the 'Performance' section on the left which gives you an overview of any outstanding reviews, year on year statistics etc.
- The case log is where you can log any cases related to the employee. Any open cases in an employees file will populate into your cases section on the left. The case log and cases sections are only visible by administrators.
Customer Services Team