This function can be used to upload clock in/out data to store as a timesheet on the employee's planner.
This information is required to be in a .csv format, however there is no set template to follow. Instead, you upload the file to our internal Timesheet Uploader, and specify which columns our system needs to pull specific information into a People® Timesheet.
For example, your data sheet may look something like this:
You can then specify, for example, that Column 3 (the third column) is the Clock In time data.
To use this tool:
1. Create and copy an API key that includes the endpoints 'Employee' and 'Timesheet'. On how to create an API key, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/integrations/creating-an-api-key
2. Once you have created the API key, click on the 'Plugins' tab:
4. Select the tab 'New Requests'
5. Select 'Timesheet Uploader'
You will be presented with the below screen:
6. Enter API Key:
Paste in the API key that you created earlier.
7. Employee ID (column no):
Type in the column number that provides the Employee ID. For example, if this is column second in from the left (usually shown as column B), you would enter 2. This should match the employee ID found in the employee's Personal tab on People®.
8. Time In (column no):
Type in the column number that provides the Clock In/Time In data. The time should be formatted to 24 hour clock, HH:MM. E.g. 17:30
9. Time Out (column no):
Type in the column number that provides the Clock Out/Time Out data. The time should be formatted to 24 hour clock, HH:MM. E.g. 17:30
10. Timesheet Date: (column no):
Type in the column number that provides the Timesheet date. The date must be in DD/MM/YYYY
11. CSV row (where data starts):
Enter the row number that the data begins. In most cases your columns will have a header - please refer to the example below:
In this case, the data starts on the second row (row 2), so I would enter the number 2.
12. CSV Timesheet File:
Upload the Timesheet file - this must be CSV format.
13. We advise to double check information entered before selecting 'Submit'.
10. A log of this request can be found in the 'Requests' tab. For more information on this area, please see:
Customer Services Team.