Within the People® system, you can edit the access rights of an user, which will allow them to view and manage certain aspects.
1. Firstly, access the employees’ record whose access rights you wish to edit, and then under ‘Quick Actions’ click ‘Edit Access Rights’
2. Then, click on the blue ‘Edit Access Rights’ button. You can grant access to any additional companies you have, one or more locations and also departments.
3. Scroll down and choose the areas in the system that you wish this employee to have access to. E.g. Salary, documents, bank details, news, etc.
4. Click on 'Save'. This will then grant this access which the employee will see the next time they login.
As you can see in the video above, you can give an employee access to certain areas of the system settings. For more information on this access specifically, please see the link below:
Please see the below to see a description of each button/field in more detail:
- Filter the employee’s access by Company/Location/Department. You can state, for example, that they will only have access to a specific Location.
- When using this filter, the system will look at this and no other filters (other filters will revert back to ‘All’ by default). This can be used if you only want to allow someone access to one or a few specific employees.
- There may be a certain person that lands in all of your above filters but you do not want to allow the user access to this individual. For example, you may wish to allow the employee access to everyone in the ‘Sales’ department, but the CEO is also in that department. This filter would be great in this case.
- Clicking the ‘Extended Access’ button will give the employee the highest possible access for each area.
- Clicking the ‘Reset to Default’ button will reset the employee’s edited access rights back to no access (apart from access to view News and Company Documents - this is a system standard).
Customer Services Team.