When creating a vacancy, you will come to the 'Questions' tab where you will find 3 different types of questions you can add; Applicant Questions, Internal Questions and Audio/Video Questions.
These questions will be displayed to a candidate when applying for a vacancy. You can have a choice on the type of question you can add to the application process.
Clicking on the 'Add Question' button, you will be presented with this screen:
Below are some examples and explanations on when you may use each field.
- Text field - Requires a small entrye.g. Where do you currently work?
- Text box - Could be a lengthy answere.g. Why do you think you would be good for this role?
- Date Field - Provides a calendar to select a datee.g. When would you be able to start here?
- Number field - Provides a number text box.e.g. How long have you been in your current role?
- Attachment - Upload a file from your computere.g. Please upload your portfolio here.
- Dropdown - Here you can add multiple options for the candidate to choose frome.g. How would you be travel to work? (Items: Car, Bike, Public Transport, Other etc.)
- Label - This text will be shown in Bold, you may wish to use this as a header to separate questions, or use as a disclaimer at the bottom. e.g. The below shows a Label field and a Text field
How this will look like to applicants:
You can then select whether you wish the question to be Mandatory or Private.
Mandatory - The applicant will be required to input some content into the text box before going further.
Private - These questions and answers will be hidden from the Hiring Lead, to ensure that the answer does not hinder their decision.
Just as you would create applicant questions above, you can also create internal questions which an Admin, hiring manager or hiring lead can fill in which the applicant themselves can neither see of fill in. Great if you would like your hiring manager to input answers to questions asked in an interview for example.
To learn more about these types of questions, please see the article linked below:
Customer Services team