This article will look at the ATS dashboard, how to create a vacancy and will go into each tab of one specific vacancy and what to input.
The Dashboard/Overview is the first tab in the ATS, it is the first displayed when you go to ATS. This provides the number of vacancies that are active at the moment, and also shows the total number of applicants (accepted, rejected and new) within the active vacancies. These figures do NOT include applicants within closed, archived, draft or pending vacancies.
Creating a vacancy
1. Go into the ATS tab on the left hand side.
2. Select the 2nd tab at the bottom - here is a list of all vacancies.
3. Click on the '+' plus icon.
4. You will be taken to the 'Vacancy Details' tab first.
Give the vacancy a name. Unless adding a specific job title in the 'Job Information' tab, this will be the name of the vacancy shown to potential applicants.
- Instead of filling out all details manually, you can use the 'Copy From' tool to quickly imported from existing vacancies and edit from there.
Summary - Information you add in the 'Summary' text box will be presented if you choose to post the job link on social media.
- Specify a company, location, department for this job role.
Status - you are unable to change this until the vacancy has been saved for the first time.
Vacancy type - All vacancies on set as External are publicly available and can be found on your job board. Internal vacancies will not be posted anywhere unless manually actioned by yourself or another user with access to this vacancy.
Add a closing date - this is optional.
- You can edit the vacancy reference to suit your internal processes.
- Add any comments about this vacancy - this information is not displayed publicly.
5. Next is the 'Approvers' tab
- Specify Hiring Leads for this vacancy. For more on what this is please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/applicant-tracking-system-ats/hiring-lead
- Add a Job Approver - once this vacancy has been saved, a notification would be sent to the Job Approver to authorise this vacancy.
- Add Offer Approvers - an applicant will have to be approved by this user before being moved to the 'Accepted' stage and added as an employe.
6. 'Job Information' tab
- If not blank, this will be the name of the vacancy. If blank, the vacancy will be displayed as the vacancy name in the first tab.
- Enter details of salary range if necessary - optional.
- Specify experience if required - optional.
- Specify a City and Country. Although optional fields, this is mandatory if you wish to utilise our integration with Glassdoor and Indeed jobboards. For more information on this area, please see:http://help.peoplehr.com/applicant-tracking-system-ats/indeed-and-glassdoor-integration
- Use our rich text editor to right out the job description. You can also add files and images into the editor.
7. 'Questions' tab
- You can select whether or not you wish for it to be mandatory to upload a covering letter and/or resume.
- Upload application form - here you can upoad a blank application form. When a candidate applies, they have the option to download this, fill out the details and re upload.
- Source - This is the drop down list of what an applicant can select as their source of where they applied or heard about the vacancy. You can select 'Manage This List' to add, edit or delete an option.
- For information on all different question types you can create and how, please see the article: http://help.peoplehr.com/applicant-tracking-system-ats/ats-question-types
Please note! Once a vacancy has been created and made live, no changes should be made to any of the question types (adding or editing). Existing and future applicant records may be affected otherwise.
- Quick Tip: If questions may be the same or very similar to those in a different vacancy, flick back to the first tab of creating a vacancy and use the 'Copy From' tool. This will import all vacancy information from another vacancy, you can then edit the specifics from there.
8. 'Scorecards' tab
- This is the scorecard that will be available to fill out in each of the applicant's record who has applied for this vacancy.
- This area will already have your default scorecard, but you may want to edit this specific to the vacancy.
- To learn more about Scorecards, please see the specific article: http://help.peoplehr.com/applicant-tracking-system-ats/scorecards
9. 'Notifications' tab
- Select who you wish to receive weekly ATS reports via email. On what this includes, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/applicant-tracking-system-ats/ats-weekly-ats-recap
- You can then specify who should receive a single notification via email every time an applicant enters a certain stage. You can only select someone who is a hiring lead to that vacancy.
- Select the frequency of these notifications - Immediate or Daily.
Once all information has been added, click 'Save'.
When you first create a vacancy and click 'Save', you won't find this vacancy in the Active list right away - vacancies will be saved as a draft (unless pending and waiting for approval).
You will first need to use the 'Status' filter and select 'Draft':
From here, you can click back into the vacancy and select the status to show as 'Active' - please refer to the below screenshot:
Customer Services Team.