You can now merge documents with Microsoft Word and upload them to your employee records.
Please download the attached Word document to begin (This file will only work with Windows versions of Microsoft Office) Download the File HERE
Once you have downloaded the Word document, enable the content in the yellow bar
2. You may be presented with another, if so please click 'Enable Content'
3. You will now need to create an API key from the settings menu on your People Site, ticking the Employee, Salary & Document options. To see more on API's please click here.
4. Select the copy icon next to the API key to copy to your clipboard.
5. Back to the word documentation: In the People HR tab, click on the 'Settings' option:
6. Paste your API key in here:
7. Click 'Save'.
8. Now, click the ‘Get and Link Employee List’ option, This will link to your site and will create an excel sheet that will contain the data to merge.
This can take a couple of minutes while the required information is synced.
9. Once this is done you will be taken to the 'Mailings' tab.
10. Now you can now start to type out your document (or copy and paste from an external document) and insert merge tags to merge data from peopleHR. Click the ‘Insert Merge Field’ option to find these tags and click on the tag you wish to use :
Here is a list of the available fields you can merge:
11. Click the ‘Preview’ button to see the results using the arrows to cycle to the next employee.
12. By default, the integration is programmed to merge for all employees. However, this can be adjusted by clicking on the ‘Edit Recipient List’:
In here you can de-select employees:
13. Once you are happy with the document you can add it to the employees record on People by hitting the ‘Mail Merge and Upload’ option in the People HR tab:
You will then be presented with this screen:
Here you can change the category, change the name and description of the document. You can also specify who will have access to this:
Employee Access: The employee can view their own document.
Manager Access: The employee's manager can view this document.
Signature required: The employee will need to electronically sign this in PeopleHR.
14. Then click on ‘merge and upload all documents’
Once complete you will be shown a page confirming the document that has been uploaded and to who’s record it has been uploaded to:
The merged documents will also be added to a folder where the original merge file is kept along with the Excel source:
This is so you can store them locally if required.
Please note: You must ensure that any tool/software that you use is kept up to date with the most recent version. This is to ensure you are up to date with any bug fixes and will avoid errors.
Customer Services Team