People HR Offline Backup Tool is designed to allow IT teams to backup data from People® on a regular basis providing you with an offline backup mechanism through a bulk download.
The tool works by allowing you to extract a number of queries, and employee documents, into one location on your computer. You can create queries that all include all employee data that you have logged in the system. On how to create a query, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data/queries-how-to-create-a-query
1. As this data is extracted from a query, build some queries that include the data you wish to extract. Click here to learn more on queries.
2. Create an API key from People that includes all 'Query', 'Employee' and 'Document' endpoints. For more information on how to create an API Key, please see the article below: http://help.peoplehr.com/integrations/creating-an-api-key
3. Download the tool from HERE.
Once downloaded, you'll be presented with this screen:
4. Paste the API key in the first text box.
5. Use the Output Location area to specify where you wish for this information to be extracted to.
6. Choose whether you would like to export employee documents as part of this backup. (this will extract all employees documents each to their own unique folder to the Output Location specified in step b).
7. Enter the queries you want to extract data from in People
The deploy folder also contains the silent runner (PeopleHRExportSilent.exe), that will load the settings file (for the API and the queries to run) and export the data. Use the program with the path of the export, i.e. |PeopleHRExportSilent.exe c:\temp" will write the files into c:\temp
You must ensure that any tool/software that you use is kept up to date with the most recent version. This is to ensure you are up to date with any bug fixes and will avoid errors.
Customer Services Team