For a .pdf version of this help article to download, please see: https://www.peoplehr.com/includes/educate/Integrating_People_HR_with_STAR_Payroll_feed.pdf
The People to Star payroll employee basic feed program will provide a set of data from People in a format that can be loaded into Star Payroll.
1. The integration program can be downloaded from the link above.
2. Once downloaded double click to install the program
3. Once the program has been installed double click to run it and enter the API key. You can generate an API key from People > Settings > API . Make sure the Query check box is ticked when generating the API key.
4. Create a query that includes the following selected areas:
Employee Details (First hand column)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Employment Type (employee status)
- Start Date
- Employee Status (Active or Leaver)
- Company (branch)
- Location (cost centre)
- Department (department)
- NIS/ SSN
Employment Details (First hand column)
- Payroll Company
- Payroll ID
Leavers (First hand column)
- Final Day of Employment
Salary Details (First hand column)
- Payment Frequency (frequency)
Contact Details (First hand column)
- Employee Address
- Account Code (bank account no)
- Account Name (bank account name)
- Bank Code (sort code)
- Bank Name (bank name)
- Bank Address
This query does not require any filters. Save as Payroll: Star Basic
- Include headers in output file - Selecting this option will include the column headers in the export file.
- Keep letters in exported employee Id - selecting this option will keep any letters in the employee's Id number. If this option is not selected an employee's ID for example 'PW1' will appear as '1' in the export file.
After selecting the export option the import program will generate an audit of any data that will not be accepted when importing into Star. There is also a save option to save the audit as a .txt file.
--Running the Program--
Running the program will produce a feed formatted for Star payroll based on the specification for Employee Basic Feed.
Customer services team