The query builder lets you extract information from the system into the form of a report, which you are then able to export into CSV format and also print from there. The focus of this article is how to build a report on documents.
If you'd like to specifically report on deleted documents, when they were deleted and who by, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data/queries-deleted-documents
For more information on the query builder itself, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-and-queries/queries-how-to-create-a-query
To browse a list of all of our query articles, please see: https://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data
--Building the Query--
To create a query on documents, first you will need to click on the Queries tab and select the plus icon. From here:
1. Click the 'Documents' field in the first column
2. In the next three columns, scroll down to the document information.
3. Select all information you wish to include in this query. For the query to be most useful, you'll at least want to select the fields 'Document Name', 'Document Category' and 'Document Added Date'.
If some documents require signatures, it would also be useful to include 'Is Signature Required', 'Is Document Signed', and 'Document Signed Date'.
4. Click Next - you are now in the 'Filters and Options' page
5. If you skip this page, the query will retrieve all active employees and all documents in their record. Here's a few examples of how you may use the filters for this specific query:
To on Documents that contain a certain word in their document name
To report on Documents under a certain category
To report on all documents that require a signature that have not yet been signed. (2 filters needed, both screenshots below)
Once you have filtered to show document that require a signature (Example C), you may wish to filter to only show documents that have not yet been signed.
6. Once you have chosen your filters (if any), click Next.
7. Name your query (you can also select a category and/or write a description of this query.
8. Click Next and you will be provided with the information requested during set up.
9. If you wish to export or print, click the 'Export' button shown below:
Customer Services Team.