--Setting up News--
Once you've turned the News feature on for your company, you can start to define who can publish news.
To turn News on and define settings:
- Click the 'Settings' tab
- Click the grey 'News' tab
3. Tick the 'In use' button to turn the News feature on.
4. If you wish for Managers to post news, tick the 'Managers' button.
If unticked, only managers can post news. If ticked, you can specify if they can post news for the whole company, just their location/department, or just their team - those who report to them.
If you wish for someone other than a manager to post news, you can give them additional access rights. Learn more here.
The below video shows how to publish news and embed a video:
To Publish news:
- Click on 'News' tab
- Click on the 'Add News' button:
3. In this window you can type or paste the news which you wish to publish.
4. At the bottom of the text window, you will see an icon with two little arrows. If you click on this option, you will be able to past any HTML coding you have into the news window. This is very helpful for embedding videos and having more control over how the news is displayed.
3. Once you have entered the news information, below you can specify who the news will be visible by. You can specify certain companies, locations or departments, and if you are manager of a team, you can choose to send this news to only your direct and indirect reports.
4. You have an option to notify the employees via emails and also to allow comments.
5. The news feed will keep all previously added news and you can view, amend and delete any news or comments as you wish.
Customer Services Team.