The query builder lets you extract information from the system into the form of a report, which you are then able to export into CSV format and also print from there. The focus of this article is how to build a report on lateness.
For more information on the query builder itself, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-and-queries/queries-how-to-create-a-query
To browse a list of all of our query articles, please see: https://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data
--Building the query --
First you will need to click on the Queries tab and select the plus icon. From here:
1. Click the 'Late' field in the first column
2. In the next three columns, scroll down to the late information.
3. Select all information you wish to include in this query. For the query to be most useful, you'll at least want to select the fields 'Late Date', 'How Late' and 'Late Comments'.
4. Click Next - you are now in the 'Filters and Options' page
5. By default, this will bring up all Late records ever recorded. You may want to filter to only show who was late today, this week or this month for example. You can filter this here:
To filter between two specific dates, you can use the Greater Than and Less than Options. On how to use these filters effectively, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data/queries-filter-by-a-specific-time-frame
6. Once you have chosen your filters, Click 'Next'.
7. Name your query (you can also select a category and/or write a description of this query.
8. Click Next and you will be provided with the information requested during set up.
9. If you wish to export or print, click the 'Export' button shown below: