The query builder lets you extract information from the system into the form of a report, which you are then able to export into CSV format and also print from there. The focus of this article is how to build a report on logbook data.
For more information on the query builder itself, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-and-queries/queries-how-to-create-a-query
To browse a list of all of our query articles, please see: https://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data
--Building the query --
First you will need to click on the Queries tab and select the plus icon. From here:
1. Click on the logbook name - You can find the name of the logbook in the first column of the selected areas. Pre-loaded logbooks can be found by scrolling to near the middle of the list, custom logbooks are found at the bottom of the list:
2. In the next three columns, scroll down to find the name of each field within that logbook, select the ones you wish to report on.
3. If the logbook is set to require approval, you can also report on approval information:
4. Click Next - you are now in the 'Filters and Options' page
5. By default, this will bring up all data for that logbook. You may wish to filter on some of these fields so show a specific input of that field, such as date or drop down answer.
If there is a date field, to filter between two specific dates, you can use the Greater Than and Less than Options. On how to use these filters effectively, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data/queries-filter-by-a-specific-time-frame
6. Once you have chosen your filters, Click 'Next'.
7. Name your query (you can also select a category and/or write a description of this query.
8. Click Next and you will be provided with the information requested during set up.
9. If you wish to export or print, click the 'Export' button shown below: