If you are an employee and wish to view or sign one of your own documents, please click here.
This article explains how to view and add a document to an employee's record, and more information on electronic signatures.
Adding a Document
Admins can add documents to an individual employee's profile. Depending on how your Admin has set up the system, managers may be able to do this too.
1. Go into the record of the employee you wish to add a document to.
2. Select the grey ‘Documents’ tab
3. Click on the ‘+’ icon.
4. You now have 3 options:
These options are explained below.
- Upload a document from your computer
1. Drag and drop the file in the box or click on ‘click here to upload’.
2. Add a category
3. Specify whether you wish for the employee and/or their manager to be able to view this document.
4. Specify whether a digital signature is required from the employee ad/or their manager. More on electronic signatures further down the page. 👇
5. Click on ‘Save’. If a signature is required, this person will receive an email notification.
- Use an existing template
Templates may have been created by an Admin for you to use, that could include merge tags so that a generic document becomes more personal to the employee, such as employee contracts. If you're an admin and want to create a new template, click here.
If so, by clicking this options you should be presented with a list of templates that you could use:
1. Click on the ticket next to the template you wish to use, and click next.
2. If you have used this template often and are confident with the results, you can simply click Save for this to be added to the employee record. However we would recommend clicking 'Launch Editor' first just to make sure you're happy with the content and access/signature settings.
3. By clicking 'Launch Editor', you will be presented with a similar screen:
Here you can:
Edit the description
Edit the access and signature settings
Preview the doc (will show how merge tags will be employee specific)
Edit the content
Any changes made to this will only change the specific document for the employee, not the actual template itself.
4. Click Save and Save again to add to the employee's record. If a signature is required, this person will receive an email notification.
- Add a link
Here, you can add a link where an employee will be directed to if clicking on the document.
Once clicking to add a link, you will be presented with the following screen:
2. The 'Display Link Text' will be the name of the document shown in the employee's documents tab.
3. Add the URL - this will be where the employee is directed to.
4. Specify whether you wish for the employee and/or their manager to be able to view this document.
5. Specify whether a digital signature is required from the employee ad/or their manager. More on electronic signatures further down the page. 👇
6. Click on ‘Save’. If a signature is required, this person will receive an email notification.
Supported file types and sizes
For a list of supported document sizes and file types within People®, please see:
Send a reminder email for signatures
If a document is still pending, you are able to send an individual reminder to the employee that there is a document in their record that required a signature. To do this:
Go into the employee's record
Click their 'Documents' tab
Select the 'Pending' button next to the specific document:
The employee will then receive an email similar to the one shown below: