People integrates with Greenhouse ATS to allow you to transfer candidates within Greenhouse to new starters within People, automatically.
This streamlines the process of hiring new employees and getting them set up within People. Once you have hired a candidate in Greenhouse, a employee record will be created in People with the following information populated from Greenhouse;
EmployeeId, FirstName, LastName, Gender (Female by default), Email, StartDate, JobRole, JobRoleEffectiveDate, Location, Department, Address, PersonalPhoneNumber, ATS ID, CV, Covering Letter.
1. First, you'll need to create a API key with access to your ATS and Employee endpoints. Click here on how to create an API key.
2. Go to http://www.peoplehrint.com/ and create a new account using the Register option in the top right corner or Login in using your email and password.
3. Click into "Greenhouse Settings"
4. Think of and enter a unique security code (remember this code and keep this somewhere secure).
3. Click 'Activate Integration'.
4. You will see 'Your Greenhouse Integration Endpoint'. Copy that link to paste later.
5. Log into Greenhouse and go to :
6. Go into the 'Webhooks page' to create a web hook.
7. Name your webhook (i.e PeopleHR)
8. Select “candidate has been hired”.
9. Paste in your Greenhouse Integration Endpoint link.
10. Enter the security key you created previously.
11. Create web hook.
When you hire candidates within Greenhouse, they will automatically port into People HR.
Custom Fields - Add company field
It is now also possible to feed the optional "Company" field within People from a custom field in Greenhouse. Please see the steps below:
1. Go to the following Greenhouse page https://app.greenhouse.io/custom_fields/jobs and click Add Field:
2. Give the Field a relevant name e.g. Company
3. Choose "Single Select" from the Type dropdown
4. Enter the Company/Companies you wish to be available in your Jobs. Enter each option ensuring that they are in list format as shown in the screen shot below:
5. Click Save.
6. Once this has been saved, click on the pencil icon next to the field we have just created.
7. Once the Edit Job Field window has opened, scroll down to where you see the "Immutable Field Key" and then copy the name of the custom field provided (note this may be named differently to that in the screen shot below):
8. Go back into your integration page (https://peoplehrint.com), into the Greenhouse page and paste this information as shown below:
Customer Services Team.