To add salary to an employee record, watch the video or follow the steps below:
To access/add an employee's salary:
1. Go into the employee's record
2. Click into their Personal tab
3. Scroll down and click on 'Add New' under 'Salary'. You may already see the current salary, which can be amended if incorrect.
You'll then be presented with this screen:
4. Enter the effective date.
5. Choose the salary type and the payment frequency.
6. Enter the salary amount and choose the currency type to the right of this.
7. You also have the option to calculate Full Time Entitlement (FTE) salary when adding or amending a salary record. The 'help me calculate' button is shown on the new starter wizard and when amending or adding a salary record and will prompt for:
Full time amount
It will show you the full time working days in your organisation.
The contracted hours for this employee based on the work pattern, this will show the FTE.
The calculated salary amount
8. The salary amount is stored on the salary record in addition the full time amount is stored and can be retrieved using the query builder.
9. You can then add deductions, such as pensions etc. Enter the fixed amount, which will work out the %, or enter the %, which will work out the fixed amount.
10. Choose whether to include this in the total salary or not.
11. You can also add entitlements in the same way.
12. You can specify the reason for change and also add any applicable comments.
13. Finally click on 'Save' to add the new salary.
Admins: You can do a bulk salary increase for a number of employees via the Bulk Actions tool. Click here to learn more.
Customer Services Team