What is a Hotsheet and why would I use it?
Sometimes you may need to send data to someone who otherwise does not have admin access to view as a report this within PeopleHR. Hotsheets allow you to link queries that contain live employee data into an external file, in a secure way.
An example of this may be Holiday data to payroll, or contact information to managers.
If you prefer to use Google Drive, we also have a feature called Google Hotsheets. Click here to learn more.
How do I set this up?
The first thing you need to do is download the attached Excel spreadsheet
1. Download the File HERE
2. If you see a yellow popup, please click 'Enable Content'
3. Now create an API on your People HR site - for more information on how to do this, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/integrations/creating-an-api-key
5. Click ‘Save’ and then copy the API key.
6. Next, click on the settings option in the PEOPLEHR QUERIES tab on the excel sheet
7. Paste in the API key into the API KEY section
8. Type in the names of the queries you wish to pull - these have to be exact (case sensitive)
10. Click 'Auto Refresh' if you wish for the end user to have up to date data every time they open this file.
11. Now, click on the ‘Run All Queries’ option on the spreadsheet
You will now have a separate tab along the bottom with the data in each query added
If you wish to pass this sheet to another person the API key will be encrypted.
Please note: You must ensure that any tool/software that you use is kept up to date with the most recent version. This is to ensure you are up to date with any bug fixes and will avoid errors.
Customer Services Team