Within People HR there is the option to use our electronic absence return to work form and/or our holiday return to work form.
Firstly let’s explore the options for Absence.
Against each absence reason (accessible on the “manage this list” option when entering an absence), a new option has been introduced: “Return to Work Form Required”:
If this option is ticked, the following workflow will take place:
- Manager/administrator records sick leave as per normal
2. On the day after the employees return date (end date of sick leave) an email will be sent to both employee and manager to remind them the return to work form is required.
3. Employee and manager fills in the form and no further action is required
4. If employee and/or manager have not filled in the form, a reminder email is sent to them next day and every day until form has been filled in.
5. If form has been filled in no further reminders are sent.
Please note, the 'return to work form required' needs to ticked when entering the sickness for this process to run. This will not affect previous spells of sickness where a return to work form had not been required.
The form has the following fields that need to be entered:
Alerts are also shown on the employee’s planner:
Now lets run through the Holiday Return To Work form.
This feature allows you to request a Fit For Work form from all employees returning from holiday.
To switch this feature on, you’ll need to go to the system settings and tick the appropriate option:
People will now do the following:
1. Employee requests holiday as per normal
2. Manager approves holiday as per normal
3. On employee return date (end date of holiday) an email will be sent to both employee and manager to remind them the return to work form is required.
4. Employee and manager fills in the form and no further action is required
5. The employee can only fill in their section
6. The manager can only fill in their section
7. The admin or an elevated user given update or update with settings will be able to fill in the employee and manager section
8. If employee and/or manager have not filled in the form, a reminder email is sent to them the next day and every day until it is done
9. If form has been filled in no further reminders are sent
The form shown is as follows:
We’ve also added some queries so you can report on outstanding forms. People will also show alerts on the employee’s planner.
Below is a video demonstrating these options.
Customer Services Team