How to add a new rotating Work Pattern within People™
To create a new rotating work pattern within People™, please follow the steps below:
1. Firstly, go to 'Settings' and click on 'Licenses'. Check that you have a green tick next to 'Work Pattern Rotation'. If you do not have this option, please contact customer services by clicking the blue icon in the bottom right corner of this window, and we will do this for you.
2. Next, go to 'Settings'
3. Select 'Holidays and Absence'
4. Then, click on the dropdown list for 'Default Work Pattern' (weekly) and select 'Add new work pattern'
5. The first option you have is a drop down list showing all of the current work patterns. You can use this drop down list to select and copy/clone an existing work pattern which you can then amend if you wish
6. Name your work pattern accordingly
7. You should then specify how many hours this employee works per day and also specify how many days holiday will be taken from the employee’s holiday entitlement for that working day. For example, an 8 hour day would typically equate to 1 days holiday if booked off, however a 4 hour working day may only equate to 0.5 of a day, therefore only a half a days holiday would be taken if a holiday is requested
8. The 'Start', 'End' and 'Break' fields are not required, however these can be entered for reference purposes
9. To add a rotation, click on 'Add Week' at the bottom and this will copy over the existing weeks details. Edit this as required to include the weeks days and hours worked. Should the employee/s not work any hours in that particular week then leave it blank
10. You can add as many rotating weeks as you wish
11. Click on 'Save' and then this work pattern can then be selected for a specific employee
12. To add this, enter the required employees record and enter the planner
13. Choose the new work pattern from the drop down list and enter the effective date. Then choose which week the employee is working when the work pattern started
14. Finally, click on 'Save'
Customer Services Team