This small Windows utility program allows you to update your People employee data from a spreadsheet.
Download the Updater Tool HERE
1. Uncompress the folder. You will find the executable file in the folder, double click on it to run it
2. Click on the 'settings' button and enter an API key that has been generated from the People system. The key must have access to the Employee data.
On how to create an API key from People®, please see the below article:
3. You must produce a CSV file (this can be exported from Excel) that has the the following columns, note the column names specified must be exact.
Please Note: If you do not want to update a field do not enter a column for it, as columns with blank entries will override the data in People with a blank.
EmployeeId - must be specified and be a valid employee
ReportsTo - must be an email address of another employee
Time & Attendance ID
1. Dates must by in the format YYYY-MM-DD
2. Once the data is overwritten there is no way to retrieve it - so test with one or two employees to make sure you have the correct values specified
3. Certain field changes in the above list require an effective date. In order for the update to work, the effective date would need to be added to the CSV. E.g. if updating Department, the CSV would need to include both the Department and the Department effective date.
Customer Services Team