Pulse is a mobile based feature that allows you to reach specific groups of employees, to gather instant and targeted feedback and keep it all in one place. You can create questions with different answer formats (multiple choice, sliding scales or text) and send these to specific groups of employees, or your entire workforce.
To set Pulse up, you need to ensure that the ability to use the mobile app is switched on. To do this:
- Log into the desktop version of People®
- Click on the Settings tab
- Select the Mobile tab
- Ensure that 'Allow Mobile Use' is ticked.
To create a Pulse Survey, log in to the Mobile app and click on the Pulse tab on the left hand side.
Creating a new survey:
1. On the first page of the Pulse tab, click 'Ask a Question' to get started.
2. A group is a selection of employees who will be targeted for a specific Pulse Survey. From the screen shown below, you can click 'Create a new group' or select one previously set up.
3. When creating a new group, you can 'Select All' or select employees individually:
4. Once you created have a group, click 'Done' in the top right-hand corner.
5. You can select the one you wish to target for this Pulse and click 'Next':
6. Now you can select which type of answer will be required for your question:
Here's what each option looks like:
7. Once you have selected and created your Question/Answer type, click 'Next' in the top right-hand corner.
8. You can then select whether this Pulse should start immediately or for a later date. Here you can also select an End Date.
You will not be able to click 'Done' in the top right-hand corner until an end date has been selected.
Viewing previous surveys:
- On the first page of the Pulse tab, you will be able to view all surveys that have been previously set up. You have different tabs at the top to select Active pulse surveys, surveys scheduled for a later date, and archived (closed) surveys:
2. For more information on a specific survey, tap your finger on the survey you wish to view and swipe left:
From here, you have three options:
- Participation stats - Answers to your survey and how many remaining employees left to answer.
- Edit - You can edit your pulse survey/group/name
- Delete - You can delete your pulse survey.
Admins can be selected within a group to answer a Pulse survey. If this is the case, they will not be able to edit this poll - only admins that have not been selected to participate can do this.
Customer services team.