The query builder lets you extract information from the system into the form of a report, which you are then able to export into CSV format and also print from there. The focus of this article is how to build an expense report.
For more information on the query builder itself, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-and-queries/queries-how-to-create-a-query
--Build a Timesheet Query--
To create an timesheet query, first you will need to click on the Queries tab and select the plus icon. From here:
1. Click the 'Break Timesheet' field in the first column
2. In the next three columns, scroll down to the timesheet information.
3. Select all information you wish to include in this query. For the query to be most useful, you'll at least want to select the fields 'Timesheet Date', 'Time In 1' and 'Time Out 1'. If employees clock in and out more than once a day, you'll want to select more of the TimeIn/Time Out options.
4. Click Next - you are now in the 'Filters and Options' page
5. If you skip this page, the query will retrieve all active employees and all timesheets they have ever submitted. You may wish to use this area to filter by employee name, a specific time frame etc. For example, you can filter the date so that the query will only bring up timesheets for this week:
6. Once you have chosen your filters (if any), click Next.
7. Name your query (you can also select a category and/or write a description of this query.
8. Click Next and you will be provided with the information requested during set up.
9. If you wish to export or print, click the 'Export' button shown below: