In the reports tab, you will find some pre-made reports that include data specific to your company, bright images, facts, and diagrams. If included in your licenses, you have the ability to build your own report that looks similar to these, based on the data pulled from a query. This is perfect for building custom reports that can be visible to the whole company or a selected few.
-- To create a new report --
1. Click on the 'Reports' tab
2. Click '+Create New Report' at the top right
From here, you will be presented with this screen:
Up close, here is a quick description of each option on the left:
4. On the right, you have the Report Settings where you can add a Logo and description for your report - this will be shown on the Reports page to select and open in the future. You can also change the colour of the background back of your new report.
-- Adding Text to Your Report --
1. Select the 'A' icon
2. Select a text type you wish to use and drag and drop it into the report.
3. Double-click into the text to edit what it says.
4. Use the 'Text Settings' on the right-hand side to edit the font, size, alignment, colour - changes will be saved automatically.
-- Adding Charts and Graphs --
As this area can be a bit more specific per individual chart, we have created another help article just for this area of reports. On how to add charts to your report and use each setting option, please go to: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data/report-designer-chartsgraphs
-- Adding Images to Your Report --
1. Click on the image icon
2. The 'Graphics' tab will now be open - here is a list of all available images that we provide for you to include in your report. You can use the search function to type in a keyword and find all related images.
3. If you wish to upload your own image or gif, select the 'My Uploads' tab. From here there is an Upload button that will allow you to browse your computer files. Select the image and click 'Open' to add it to your image clipboard.
4. Once you have selected an image, drag it from the clipboard and drop it onto your report.
5. When an image is selected, 'Graphic Settings' will be open on the right-hand side where you can edit the dimension on the image - changes will be saved automatically.
-- Viewing, Publishing, and Editing a report --
Once you are happy with your report, you can click 'Close' in the top right-hand corner. This will take you back to the main 'Reports' page.
These buttons are described below:
You can still make changes to a report once it has been published - simply click the Publish button again after making these changes to overwrite the previous report. If you ever want to revert these changes and republish the previous version, you can do this by clicking 'Publish History'. Here you will find all previous versions of the report that you can click on, save and republish.
By clicking on the report itself, you have the option to convert it into a PDF format and save it to your computer. Once doing this you will be able to print this file.