The query builder lets you extract information from the system into the form of a report, which you are then able to export into CSV format and also print from there. The focus of this article is how to build an expense report.
For more information on the query builder itself, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-and-queries/queries-how-to-create-a-query
To browse a list of all of our query articles, please see: https://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data
--Building the query --
First you will need to click on the Queries tab and select the plus icon. From here:
1. Click the 'Annual Leave Entitlement' field in the first column
2. In the next three columns, scroll down to the entitlement information.
3. Select all information you wish to include in this query. For the query to be most useful, you'll at least want to select the fields 'Annual Leave Start Date', 'Allowance (Days)' and 'Allowance Remaining (Days)'. If employee's entitlement is measured in hours, you'd want to select the '(hours)' option instead of '(days)' .
If you want to also report on what entitlement was carried over from last year into this year, you can select the option shown below:
4. Click Next - you are now in the 'Filters and Options' page
5. In most cases, you'll only want to see remaining balance for this year or last year. To filter this, click on 'Annual Leave Start Date' and select the filter you wish to use (This Year, Last Year, Next Year etc.
6. Click 'Next'.
7. Name your query (you can also select a category and/or write a description of this query.
8. Click Next and you will be provided with the information requested during set up.
9. If you wish to export or print, click the 'Export' button shown below: