The query builder lets you extract information from the system into the form of a report, which you are then able to export into CSV format and also print from there. The focus of this article is how to build a report on deleted documents.
If you'd like to specifically report on documents currently in the system (not deleted), please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data/queries-documents
For more information on the query builder itself, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-and-queries/queries-how-to-create-a-query
To browse a list of all of our query articles, please see: https://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data
--Building the Query--
To create this query, first you will need to click on the Queries tab and select the plus icon. From here:
1. Click the 'Documents' field in the first column
2. In the next three columns, scroll down to the document information.
3. Select all information you wish to include in this query. For the query to be most useful, you'll at least want to select the fields 'Document Name', 'Document Deleted', 'Document Updated By' and 'Document Updated Date'.
If some documents require signatures, it would also be useful to include 'Is Signature Required', 'Is Document Signed', and 'Document Signed Date'.
4. Click Next - you are now in the 'Filters and Options' page
5. If you skip this page, the query will retrieve all documents, deleted or not. You'll want to filter this query to only show deleted, as shown below:
6. Once you have chosen your filters (if any), click Next.
7. Name your query (you can also select a category and/or write a description of this query.
8. Click Next and you will be provided with the information requested during set up.
9. If you wish to export or print, click the 'Export' button shown below:
Customer Services Team.