The query builder lets you extract information from the system into the form of a report, which you are then able to export into CSV format and also print from there. The focus of this article is how to build a report on length of service.
For more information on the query builder itself, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reports-and-queries/queries-how-to-create-a-query
To browse a list of all of our query articles, please see: https://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data
--Building the query --
First you will need to click on the Queries tab and select the plus icon. From here:
1. To report on how long an employee has been in the company, select 'Length of Service':
2. If yo'd like to report on an employee's continuous service date, you can select that field too:
3. If you use our LOS rule feature, you can report on which rule employees are assigned to. You can do this by selecting 'Employment Details' in the first column, and scrolling down in the other columns to find 'LOS Profile':
4. Click Next - you are now in the 'Filters and Options' page
5. By default, this will bring up all employees and the details selected. However you may want to filter on some areas.
You could filter on a certain Employee ID if you only wish to view this information for one person:
You might want to view all employees that have been in your company for a certain length of time, or more than a certain period. You would type this in as months, for example, I wish to see everyone that has been here longer than 3 years:
6. Once you have chosen your filters, Click 'Next'.
7. Name your query (you can also select a category and/or write a description of this query.
8. Click Next and you will be provided with the information requested during set up.
9. If you wish to export or print, click the 'Export' button shown below: