The chat feature can be found on the mobile app, and allows you to speak to your colleagues, send them images, gifs, your current location, and much more.
Please note: You will only be able to chat to the colleagues that have also updated to the new mobile app. Chat messages sent to those that are still using the previous app will not receive your message.
To access the chat feature, click on the chat icon at the bottom of your screen:
You'll then be taken to the chat screen:
Creating a new chat
- Click the plus icon to start a chat with someone - you'll only be able to select one person for this chat.
- Click the group icon to create a group chat - you'll be able to select multiple people for this chat, and give the group chat a name.
On the main chat screen, swipe left on a chat for more options:
From here you can archive your chat, or click for more options:
Add people - add more people to a chat
Mark as favourite - this will bring the chat up to the top icons for quick access
Mute - you can mute notifications for the whole chat, or just when you are mentioned
Mark as unread - chat will go back to unread and will show a notification
Archive - will move chat to archived, a new message will bring chat back to main screen
Report - report the chat to your admin
Or click out of the options box to go back to the main chat screen.
Filter to locate specific chats
Click the filter icon in the top right hand corner to bring up the following options:
In the chat, click the plus icon for more options:
Which will open up to show:
Here, you are able to:
- Send a photo from your files or straight from your camera
- Send a GIF
- Attach a file from your phone
- Send a voice message
- Send your current location
- Add a hyperlink
Customer Services Team.