To add a document template to an employees record, please follow the steps below:
1. Click on the 'Employees' tab on the left.
2. Open the record of the employee you wish to add a document to. Then select 'Documents' from the left inner tab.
3. Click on the '+' icon and select 'Use an Existing Template'. Any templates that you have already created will be found in here, or you can click 'Add New Template'.
4. In the next window, create a title, select or add a category and enter a description.
5. You can choose whether the employee or manager can access this document and also whether a signature is required.
6. Next, you will see the editor tab at the top of this window.
7. In here you can type in your letter, or paste any text in. You can paste as plain text if copying from MS Word for example. This will clear any background formatting. You can also edit the page margins as well as the size of the paper used, eg A4, A5 or Letter. You can look at a preview if you wish to do so.
8. if you want to automatically input the employees details, there is a helpful list of details you can insert provided within People®, In the insert section of the editor, click on the 'template help' button. This will open a new tab which looks like this:
All you need to do is highlight and then copy the required field, and paste it in to the editor where you are creating the template.
9. Repeat this for all other required merge fields.
10. You can then format the text with the familiar icons at the top of the editor.
11. Once you are happy with your template, scroll down and click on 'Save'. This will then save this document as a template. Check the box next to the name of the letter select this template on the required employees record.
12. Then click on 'Next', you can then launch the editor to check the document before uploading and to make any changes.
13. Finally, click on 'Close' and this letter will be on the employees record and can then be downloaded as required.
Whenever you access another employees record, this template will then be there for you to use each time.
Customer Services Team