This article provides a generic explanation on how to use the queries area. We do have some articles on how to build a specific query on different areas/data in the system. To browse a list of all of our query articles, please see: https://help.peoplehr.com/reports-queries-data
You can create your own custom Queries to extract that vital information from the system. See below on how to run your own query:
1. Click on the 'Queries' tab on the left-hand side.
2. To create a query, click on the '+' icon at the top.
3. You will see four options:
- Select Areas
- Filters & Options
- Name & Description
Select Areas allows you to select the areas where you want to extract the information from. Employee details will always be selected.
You will see you have four columns. The first column allows you to select the areas where you want to extract the information from. The three columns to the right are the fields within those areas.
4. Select the field(s) that you require to data for a report, this will be pulled through to your query.
5. Once you are happy with your selections, click 'Next' and this will bring us on the 'Filters & Options' section.
6. All of the fields that we selected previously are now shown on the left. From here you can select any of these options in order to start filtering the data.
To learn more about the Filters and Options, please see:
To learn more about filtering between two specific dates, please see: http://help.peoplehr.com/reporting-and-queries/filter-a-query-by-a-specific-time-frame
7. Once you are happy with the filters, click 'Next'. Here, you will be required to name the query. You can select a category so that this query will be easier to find in the future. To add a new category to this drop-down list, please select 'Manage This List'.
Here you can also tick the option 'Only Admin can Access'. You may want to use this if you have employees with proxy access to the Query Builder.
Please note: This button will always be unticked by default.
Add a description if necessary.
8. Click 'Next' and the query will run for you. When the query is closed, it will also automatically save into your queries list.
When viewing the data, you also have a few extra options:
- You can select 'Edit' if you wish to change the data or filter different options.
- You can also select 'Options' which will allow you to include leavers in the query and also show the history.
- 'Delete Query' will completely remove the query from People.
- Below this, you have an option to drag and drop any of the fields you have brought through into the query to group that data. This is handy if you wish to group employees within a certain company or location for example.
- Within this, you also have the ability to create charts. This will show the data in either a pie chart, line chart or bar chart which you can then export to JPEG.
- Finally, if this is a query you need to run every so often, you can use the reminders option to add this to your tasks list.
Tip- If you have any issues in creating your own queries, you can contact support for assistance with this.
Tip- Use the 'Reminders' option within a query to generate a task reminder on a particular day of the month, telling you this query needs to be run.
Customer Services Team.